no occupancy permit – no moving in!

Don’t move in without an OCCUPANCY PERMIT!

The Victorian Building Authority warns home and apartment owners they cannot move into a new home or apartment without an occupancy permit. Victorian building regulations require an occupancy permit for all new homes, units and apartments. Occupancy permit is issued when your new home or apartment is ‘suitable to occupy’ from a safety point-of-view. This means every item that can affect safety of your new residence is in place, such as the water, gas supply, electrical wiring for the smoke alarms, handrails and balustrades.


Share This

Related Posts